Kevin Eastman on the Theory of Two:
- It takes two minutes to show any skill.
- It takes two weeks to do it every single day to get comfortable with the skill.
- It takes two months working on a skill every day to get good enough to execute in a game.
Del Harris on Reading Books:
- If you don’t take the time to read, you won’t develop as a person.
- If you don’t like reading, listen to a tape in the car.
George Raveling on Sharing:
- Anytime in life that we’re provided with information to share is an important moment.
- Nothing in life is of any value unless you share it with someone.
- Throughout my lifetime, I’ve always placed importance on sharing with others.
Rick Carlisle on Being Positive:
- A lot of times you need to be more positive than negative.
- As coaches, we have a tendency to scrutinize.
- Show them how close they are to winning.
- Show them the mistakes that cost the games.
Jeremy Foley on Being Accountable:
- Be accountable for your mistakes.
- Coaches often don’t admit they screwed up.
- Take responsibility.
- Acknowledge that you messed up and move on.