Marcus Mariota learned many valuable daily habits from Vinnie Passas (Mariota’s QB coach in high school.)
This ‘Daily 5’ hits home with the humble dedication Mariota possess and can teach all athletes a valuable lesson.
The coach requires five things of his players:
They have to:
- Show love for their mothers
- Make two people smile every day
- Do one random act of kindness
- Be a team player in all facets of life
- Say a prayer when they see an ambulance, a police car or a fire truck.
Sounds so very simple, yet think about if you do each of these five things daily.
None of these things require an advanced degree, money, work ethic or superior strength, intellect or athleticism.
They require Heart. They require Humility. They require Commitment. They require Consistency.
Along his road to the Heisman, Mariota’s strength in these four characteristics probably served him as well as any football talent he possesses.